Robin: [Lily walks out, wearing her wedding dress] Wow, Lily, you look so beautiful!
Lily: I know, I’m beautiful! I’m a fairy princess! [She lifts her arms up and the dress falls down to her waist, exposing her breasts] I’m too skinny for my dress!! –How I Met Your Mother
I had an outdoor wedding. February 12th, I’ll never forget…I had the most beautiful white flannel wedding dress, it even had feet sewn in. -Rose, TheÂ Golden Girls
Last weekend I went for my second round of wedding dress shopping. I actually enjoyed this a lot more. It was just me and Baker Chic, and I think having just one other person was better than having two. Plus, Outdoor Girl has been quite the Debbie Downer lately, so it was nice going with someone more upbeat. Couple Wife and I are going for round 3 and that should be fun too. Continue reading Wedding Dress Shopping-Round 2
- [Monica wants to hide from Rachel the fact that she went shopping with Julie, so she creates an alibi.]
- Monica: Phoebe, listen. You were with me and we were shopping all day.
- Phoebe: What?
- Monica: We were shopping and we had lunch.
- Phoebe: Oh, all right. What did I have?
- Monica: You had a salad.
- Phoebe: Oh. No wonder I don’t feel full. –Friends
On Tuesday Couple Wife and Couple Baby met up with me after work to go shopping. I had mentioned to CW that I needed a whole new wardrobe, and since Match and I just got our deposit back from our old place, we figured it was the perfect chance to go on a little spree. I’m fashionally challenged, so CW said she’d love to come along and be my personal shopper. She went through the outlet stores with me, pulling clothes off racks and making me try them on, even if they weren’t in my comfort zone.
Lily: Yeah! Well…I read somewhere that compulsive shopping was a disease! Sean: Cholera is a disease. Compulsive shopping is something a 16 year-old does when she wants to look cute for a party andÂ someone gives her a credit card. –Grounded for Life
I’ve admitted that I hate shopping in stores. I have horribly flat feet that get sore from walking around for long periods of time. I hate lines. I hate screaming children who walk right in my foot path almost tripping my already clumsy self. So it should come as no surprise that I prefer to do my shopping online. I feel that lately as the economy has been slow, and when I’ve studied for a solid 5 hours and my brain is mush, my mouse every so slyly makes its way to my favorite online stores. Now, I’m not a person who overspends. I’m fairly frugal actually, and have been squirreling most of my money away for practical things like a house and a new car. Continue reading Confessions of an Online Shopper
- Robin: [She and Lily come out in fancy dresses] All right, what do you think?
- Barney: [Looks up] Horrible.
- Lily: You’re gonna make such a great dad.
- Barney: You look so classy and nice, you’re gonna stick out like a sore thumb. Have you seen how the kids are dressing these days. With the Ashley and the Lindsay and the Paris. They all dress like strippers. It’s, “Go ho or go home.” So ladies… slut up!
Yesterday I am pretty sure I changed outfits about a hundred times. No I wasn’t trying to figure out what to wear, I was shopping, and then later in the day I was trying on old dresses that belonged to Match’s sister. Either way I felt like a barbie being tossed around by a little girl the way I had to do so many costume changes. But it was actually kind of fun. Continue reading Playing Dress Up