Happy New Year, friends! Here we are in 2017, and we are entering my 9th year of blogging. 9 years. I know I’m a lot more sporadic than I was in the beginning, but for those of you who have stuck around, I’m so grateful. I love being able to hop on the blog and look back over the years.
This was a tame New Years, but in the best way. Like Christmas, we spent it at home, just the three of us. We played Trouble with Piglet, and then went mattress shopping (bought a temper-pedic, omg so excited!) and then topped off the evening with a nice sushi dinner.
After Piglet passed out, Match and I stayed up to watch Deadpool, and then went to bed before midnight.
I have such a good feeling about this new year. I just received a promotion at work right before the Christmas break. I’m on my way to achieving some work goals I’ve been working towards for the past 2 years. It feels so good to be working for a place that appreciates me.
Match is in his electrical apprenticeship, and loving it. He doesn’t love the commute, and my hope for the New Year is that he gets hired on with a local company, and doesn’t have to make the 1.5 hour trek to Portland every day.
For Piglet, he’s loving life at his preschool. Switching daycares this past spring was the best decision we have made for him. He’s thriving there, and has so many little friends to spend his days with. He comes home singing adorable new songs, and his fine motor skills are really developing. They also make sure the kids get outside a lot, and get to be kids. Here’s an awesome photo his teacher sent me of the kids playing in the snow.
I asked him to tell him his new year’s resolutions, and here’s what he came up with:
1. Play more (ha, isn’t that 99% of his day?)
2. Eat more food (this was just too cute)
3. Keep dry diapers at night (I might have gently suggested this one. He’s been potty trained for years now, but night time is a whole other beast. I think he’s ready, but I know it has to be his idea.)
For me, I have a few resolutions this year.
1. Get my Project + certification for work
2. Get in a workout routine and stick to it. I really fell off the wagon this year, and I’d like to get back to it. I just feel so much better when I’m active.
3. Be more positive. I have found that there are times when I catch myself complaining a lot, especially about coworkers, sometimes even friends. It’s negative, and it doesn’t help anyone. I hope to ease up on that and focus on the positive.
I wish you all the very happiest of New Years. Do you have any resolutions this year?