It’s Friday Five time! I haven’t participated in forever, but what a great way to give a quick summary of my week.I decided to recap what we’ve been up to lately, since I’m so behind in blogging!
1. Valentine’s Day was the highlight of last month. Piglet was so excited for his “Valentimes Party”. He made out like a bandit. I think I was the luckier one, getting such a sweet Valentine from him, and surprise roses from Match. Such a nice way to come home from a long day at work!
2. I finished up a big portion of a huge work project I was doing. Can you see me hiding behind my fort of boxes? So.much.data.entry. I could never do a repetitive job like that full time! Grateful not all my tasks are that monotonous.
3. Snapchat silly faces has become part of our morning before work routine. My hours changed, and I work longer hours (8 instead of 7.5) but I go in later, which means more quality time with my boy in the mornings. I cherish that time, and our silliness.
4. Piglet had his dental cleaning and checkup. He’s such a rockstar at the dentist. He has the best hygienists who are always so friendly, which really helps.
5. Piglet has been a big help in the kitchen lately. I love cooking with him, and getting him excited about being a big boy helper.
Friday night I met up with an old friend of mine from college, Party Planner. We hadn’t seen each other in 6 years, but it was as if no time had passed. She couldn’t stop touching my belly and Piglet was very generous with his kicks for her.
She was a friendship I lost when I was stuck in a terribly abusive relationship post graduation. I let so many of my friendships go, mostly out of embarrassment. I didn’t reach out to her because I was afraid she would think I was a jerk for disappearing the way I had. Luckily for me, she saw it more as losing touch. She didn’t know about the guy being abusive, and I didn’t know about some hard things she’d been going through. It felt so good to clear things up.
We also had a heart to heart about Roo, and as it turns out her best friend just lost their daughter at full term in January. Party asked me for my advice, and I shared with her the positive lessons I’ve learned from our experience. It felt like fate that I would happen to reconnect with my friend during this time. Hopefully my advice will help her friend, but truly only time will make the pain get easier to bear. My heart aches for her friend, and I just wish I could wrap her up in a big hug.
We had a great time reconnecting and reminiscing about the past. We recalled our epic parties, and how even in college we always put a lot of thought and planning into our parties. She’s actually now a professional event planner, and it’s so perfect for her (hence the nickname Party Planner). This picture was from my 23rd birthday, and our “couple” pose.
I managed to dig up this gem of a picture. What the HELL are we doing? I think I was trying to cover my spare tire and butt from being photographed, and failing miserably.
Sadly in our eagerness to catch up, we forgot to take new pictures. Pictures now would be a lot less wacky! We had a great visit and I hope we get to do it again soon.
Pacey: This is just one assignment. Its not like your flunking out of school.
Andie: Yeah, I know that. But you get behind by one day, and then you’re always struggling to catch up. And you become more and more confused, and then the next thing you know, you’re out on the streets drunk and pulling around a shopping cart. –Dawson’s Creek
Whew, vacation has got me so behind in everything back in the real world. I’m sorry for the lack of blogging. I’m still trying to catch up on my commenting too. If people ever tell you keeping up a blog is not work, they’re lying. With school, and this pesky thing called work, I haven’t had time to relax since I got home on Monday.
I came home to a full inbox since I didn’t open either my work or my personal laptops while I was away. Go me! I truly relaxed, and now I’m paying for it. I realized that the guys over at The Guy’s Perspective featured a little paragraph I wrote them about my thoughts on kissing.Â Here’s a link to the post,Â go check it out and tell me what you think!
Ok, I’m still working on my blog post for Carmel. All I can tell you right now is that it was AMAZING. I wish I lived there.
Ok, I’m off to comment and catch up with all my blog friends and your fabulous lives. Then it’s off to night class where I’m supposed to stay wide awake for four hours, after working a nine hour day. Yeah…that’s gonna happen.