Thank you, my friend. Thank you for this. This… means the world to me.-Monk
I received the sweetest card to go towards baby gear in the mail yesterday, with a generous gift card from Janette, Emmy, Impulsive Addict, Mimi, Sarah Kate, and Stacie. Ladies, I cannot begin to tell you how touched I am by your thoughtfulness. Once again you’ve blown me away by your kindness. I can’t wait to meet you all someday, and give you the giant hugs that you deserve! Picture me doing this dance but with my big ol’ belly. 🙂 That was me when I opened the card.
I thought for the remainder of these bumpdates I’d go through a little checklist for you guys. I wish I’d been doing this from the beginning, but hindsight and so forth.
- Symptoms: the dizziness is still pretty bad, but my Dr. tested me for anemia and I think I’m fine. Just low blood pressure, and baby sitting on my nerves. Otherwise, peeing constantly and definite case of pregnancy brain. I’ve become pretty forgetful! I also seem to choke on everything I drink, or even just the air I breathe in. It’s really random! Today is my last progesterone shot, and I’m really looking forward to not feeling like a human pin cushion. I also feel like the shots make my dizzy too, so I may find some relief after the last one is out of my system.
- Food Cravings: Not a lot of crazy cravings. I kind of love all food. We’ve been eating a lot of Vietnamese lately, and I think Piglet’s new nickname should be Spring Roll because he seems to wiggle a lot after I eat them.
- Belly Button: As Match puts it, it resembles an anus. I know, so gross. It’s almost an outie, but not quite. Most disturbing is my belly piercing scar, which has stretched across my stomach and looks like it’s going to rip off. There will be no bare belly pictures on this blog!!
- Baby Prep: This week I finished organizing the baby closet, washed all baby clothes and bedding, and sterilized my breast pump parts. Oh, and I bought a lamp, and put together the night stand for those late night feedings.
- Weight Gain: Right now I’m holding steady at 23 pounds. I am proud of myself, because I honestly haven’t been thinking about it too much. I owe a lot of thanks to our stairs, which I’m up and down constantly throughout the day, because otherwise my walks with Monkey have become pathetically short (Piglet likes to punch my bladder when we walk, and I’m always afraid I’m going to pee my pants!) Hopefully the stairs will help with losing the baby weight afterwards too! I’m trying not to think about weight too much. So long as I’m healthy and the baby is healthy that’s what matters. I feel good, and I have a decent amount of energy still, and I hope it stays that way!
- Things I’m Thinking About: Only 6 weeks left…possibly less, possibly a week more. Either way, in less than 2 months, we will be bringing home our son. I refuse to think of any other outcome than that. He will be here, kicking, screaming and healthy. When I get my bouts of sleeplessness, I fret over breastfeeding, pumping, and how I will function on just a few hours of sleep. I think about how I can’t wait to kiss those little baby toes. I worry that I’m not paying enough attention to my hubby, and worry that I won’t lose the weight quickly enough. But most of all I daydream about what my son will look like, and about how close we are to our dream of becoming a family. My eyes well up with tears of joy just thinking about it.