It’s time to check in and see how I did with last year’s Goal List. I would say we did pretty darn well. I’m happy to report that so many of this list was checked off.
Buy a home and settle in
- Buy an investment property (this was a pretty lofty goal, it’s more in the 10 year plan really)
Build back up our savings account
Lose the 10+ pounds I’ve held on to since last year. Work is really getting in the way of my workouts! I did get a standing desk last month, so hoping that helps. Get a promotion or better jobI got a promotion! I am so, so grateful!
- Read at least 60 Books this year (I only made it to 32 this year, but with the busy year we had, I think that’s not too shabby)
- Get Google Admin certified. I epic failed this one, but now I have a different cert I need to work towards my next promotion…
Travel & Family Adventures: We didn’t go all the places I wanted, but we had a lot of fun adventures.
- Visit the Columbia Gorge
Go on at least one camping trip this summer Take Piglet on the Zoo train
- Explore the Japanese Tea Gardens in Portland
- Hike Silver Falls
Visit Imagine Play in McMinnville(it closed before we could go, so sad!) Take Piglet to OMSI(sis-in-law did this, but we’d like to go too!) Teach Piglet how to swim
Home DIY & Crafts
Build mudroom closet Whole house paint makeover Build office desk(made over a Goodwill desk instead) Paint kitchen cabinets white Make Piglet a train room Repaint the deck Repaint the house trim
This year I have some great new goals:
- Save up for an SUV or all wheel drive vehicle (used, preferably something that can handle all the rough weather we get up here)
- Save for a family trip, ideally to the Gorge
- Start contributing to our IRA accounts again
- Get the lead promotion this summer when my manager retires
- Get Project + Certification
- Go to the Gym at least 2x per week, walk the dog, wrestle Piglet, or do a workout video on other days. Goal is to lose 10 pounds, but really just get back to feeling fit.
Travel and Family Adventures:
- Visit the Gorge
- Take a family trip, just the three of us, not to see family, but just for us
- Visit our California family this summer
- Hike Silver Falls
Home DIY & Crafts:
- Build shed
- Build porch swing
- Build built in dressers or storage in master
- Landscape the yard
- Plant a garden