Bittersweet memories…that is all I’m taking with me. So I’ll go, but I know, I’ll think of you, every step of the way. And I will always love you. –Whitney Houston
I don’t usually post about awards shows, but I did tune for most of this year’s. I wanted to see the tribute song to Whitney Houston, and I wanted to check out this year’s fashions.
There were a few terrible performances, and some great ones. I found myself tearing up when Jennifer Hudson did her rendition of I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston.
I know Whitney was a trainwreck in the last years of her life, but man did she have a voice. When I was a little girl I used to belt out her songs at the top of my lungs into my hairbrush while I pretended to be a world famous singer. I kept hoping she would turn her life around and get back to the music.
I thought Adele looked amazing in her simple black dress, and she rocked “Rolling in the Deep”. She also cleaned up big time, with 6 grammy awards. Look at how she’s holding them like babies. Cracked me up!
Most of the other performances made me just change the channel. I think I’m getting old because I thought a lot of it was just noise.
The fashion is one of the biggest reasons I bother to tune into awards shows. I love the outrageous clothes and epic fails. Take Fergie for instance. No…just…no.
Did you tune into the grammys? What did you think?
Booth: [baby cries] You hear that?
Brennan: Sounds like a cat…-Bones
This Friday Daydreamin’ we’re supposed to write about what we love. I love curling up like kittens with my hubby. Yesterday it was so nice out that we decided to nap on our deck.
We watched the clouds float by and talked about how we’re going to camp out in the backyard in the summer. Then Match pointed to the lawn and said, “Can’t you just picture Roo camped out here in a tent?” I can’t wait for family “camping” trips to the backyard. Roasting smores around our firepit. I love daydreaming and curling up with my hubby like kittens.
Marshall: See, we have a whole bucket list of things of things to do before we have kids.
Lily: ooh, a cradle list. –How I Met Your Mother
It took me a little while to post this list, mostly because then everyone would know I was pregnant before I was ready to tell. As you can see, Roo is dominating a lot of my to do list this year. I have a feeling that won’t change for at least the next 18 years. 🙂
I’m also seeing a theme of buying. We have a LOT to buy this year. Some of them are wish list items, but a few are necessary. Hopefully I’ll find that money tree I’ve been searching for. I went with a lot of items I know are tangible, rather than vague lofty goals like to learn play guitar. That’s on the bucket list but I’m going easy on myself this year, since I’m growing a human and all. 😉
So here’s my list this year:
2012 To Do List (aka Cradle List):
1. Replace the lighting in all 3 bathrooms.
2. Replace the hallway light fixtures.
3. Install an overhead light in the master bedroom.
4. Replace the dining room and front entry light fixtures.
5. Install a custom closet organizer.
6. Buy Monkey a new kennel.
7. Paint mural for the nursery
8. Come up with family Halloween costumes
9. Do at least 1 or 2 Halloween Crafts before Roo is born
10. Increase online earnings to pay for all the stuff we need to buy this year
11. Start a savings fund for Roo
12. Sell the Focus
13. Pay off the Subaru
14. Save up a big down payment for a truck
15. Buy a truck
16. Start landscaping the backyard
17. Start landscaping the front yard
18. Get Nursery ready by September
19. Make decorations for Sassy’s bridal shower
18. Host Sassy’s bridal shower
20. Build up savings
21. Buy new couch for family room
22. Buy area rug for family room
23. Buy area rug for great room
23. Get certified in infant CPR
24. walk at least 5 times per week as long as the doctor says I can
25. Buy VHS to DVD converter
26. Convert old home movies to DVD as a present to our parents
27. Have wedding dress cleaned
28. Carve Pumpkins with Match
29. Write up our wills
30. Meet at least one bloggy friend this year
31. Go camping at least once this spring
32. Buy a side table or buffet table for the dining room
33. Learn to light a fire in our firepit
34. Make window seat for the nursery
35. Get at least 100 readers
36. Go on at least one trip with Match this Spring
37. Take prenatal classes
38. Finish pregnancy journal and have it printed or make a homemade book
39. Order mixbook from last year
40. Take pregnancy photo shoot
41. Do something special for our 2 year anniversary
42. Survive labor and delivery and have a healthy bouncing lil Roo.
43. Take Roo to a pumpkin patch
44. Have a family photo shoot
45. Make 2 to 3 handmade Christmas decorations before December
46. Make at least one homemade canvas print from one of my photos
I had a less than exciting weekend. Having to take it easy per doctor’s orders meant a huge butt print in my couch and way too much computer/tv time. So this Tuesday I wanted to talk about my first baby, my fur baby Monkey.
You can’t say dogs aren’t intuitive. I think he knows about Roo.
Look at Monkey snuggling up to my belly.
I can’t wait to see how he’ll react when I start showing. He’s going to be such a good big brother.
Turk: I’m not telling Isabella she’s got a vagina until she’s 18! Kim: That’s gonna be an awkward birthday party. Turk: Do not tell my daughter she has a vagina! I’m serious! [Points threateningly at Elliot, J.D. and Kim] Hm? Hm?! Hmmm?!? J.D.: It may have already come up. –Scrubs
We had a nice mellow birthday party for Match’s 28th birthday.
We invited a bunch of Match’s coworkers and everyone got along great. I finally got a chance to meet the girl Deputy that Walking Couple and the other deputy wife were so worked up about. It was just like we all suspected, this Lady Deputy was absolutely harmless! She was sweet and funny, and she brought along her boyfriend, whom she’s been with for years. I didn’t feel threatened by her in the slightest.
I can’t say the same for the other deputy wife, Miss Insecure. She showed up dressed to the nines. She was completely over the top dressed up for a casual house party. I was pretty sure it was all for Lady Deputy, to make sure she knew what was up. She threw her daggers all night with her eyes, and huddled in the corner at one point with Walking Buddy gossiping. Sassy and I just rolled our eyes and ignored the whole thing. After Miss Insecure and her hubby left, the party was a lot more fun. Walking Buddy relaxed and had a great time.
Neighbor Girl made a rare appearance. I haven’t seen her since our housewarming party, even though they live just 6 minutes away. I hadn’t told her about Roo yet, so I made this big deal of wanting to take her on a house tour and show her all the updates we’ve done. I brought her into the nursery and pointed out the baby socks and framed ultrasound photo. She got really excited and then said, “Guess what? I’m pregnant too!” Not only is she preggers, but we’re about a week apart! What are the odds? We were both so excited to have someone else going through the exact same stages of pregnancy. She apologized for being MIA but after finding out she was afraid to hang out for fear of telling me too early. I know that feeling all too well.
All in all it was a great, relaxed night with good friends. I can’t wait to get together with everyone again.