- What is one word to describe you? Goofball
- One word to describe your life? Amazing
- One word to describe your love? Is this my love for someone, or my love as in my husband? If husband, I’d say incredible.
- One word to describe your body? GROWING!
- One word to describe your cooking? Experimental
- One word to describe your career? Freelance!
- One word to describe your hobby? Crafty
- One word to describe your style? Comfortable
- One word to describe your blog? Diary
- One word to describe your home? Cozy
Lois: And when I do, we are all gonna clean up this disaster of a closet. It’s gonna be our new family project.
Hal: We’ve never finished our last family project.
Lois: Because it’s in here under two tons of crap! –Malcolm in the Middle
I’ve got the project bug big time this week. All I’ve wanted to do is work on my various crafts that are part of my 2012 To Do List. I have this slight crafting A.D.D. though, where I’ll start a couple of different projects, and they’ll all be partially finished around the house. So I’m trying to be better about finishing one project before starting on another.
#46. Make at least one homemade canvas print from one of my photos: This didn’t turn out perfect, but I think it looks pretty cool. I picked a photo from our recent Tahoe trip.
I still wish I could have actually got the print to transfer, rather than just modge podge it onto the canvas, but it works. If you look super close you can see the seams and the bubbles. But the room is in doesn’t have great lighting, so hopefully it’s not too noticeable.
I eventually want to add two more canvas prints to that wall. I just need to decide which photos to use.
#47. Sew bucilla stocking for Roo: I’ve been working diligently on Roo’s stocking. As you can see, there are a LOT of parts.
This is how it looked when I started. I’ve already finished the border and most of the snowman. It takes a long time to do each individual part.
As soon as I finish the stocking, it’s on to the window seat project in Roo’s room. I’m SO excited to get working on the nursery. So what are you working on?
Locke: I heard you have lost your wedding ring.
Sun: Yes. I have been looking for it everywhere.
Locke: You know, I have once lost something valuable to me. Luckily, I found it later.
Locke: By finding it the way everything gets found.
Sun: (Staring at Locke)
Locke: I stopped looking. –LOST
- Valentine’s Breakfast= awesome. Buttermilk pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream were heavenly! Thankfully I also kept them down. Roo’s been giving me a little bit of morning sickness lately.
- Our long walk on Skagg’s Island was wonderful. We saw wild birds, and Match’s favorite: abandoned buildings
- Realizing after the long walk that Match lost his wedding ring= very sad. We thought about going back, but we knew it would be impossible to find. It’d be like searching for American silver eagles in a big jar of coins. Plus the ring was really loose, and he needed a new one.
- The irony of losing the wedding ring on Valentine’s Day was not lost on us. Sigh.
- Quick stop by Kay’s and they still had the same ring he had before.
- It had to be special ordered and won’t arrive for 30 days. 🙁 Match felt so bad, but I kept telling him it’s nobody’s fault. In a way its a good thing since the old one was so loose and it was only a matter of time before he lost it.
- We had a day full of great quality time and this evening we have plans for takeout and a movie on the couch. All in all a great day with just a little hiccup.
Bittersweet memories…that is all I’m taking with me. So I’ll go, but I know, I’ll think of you, every step of the way. And I will always love you. –Whitney Houston
I don’t usually post about awards shows, but I did tune for most of this year’s. I wanted to see the tribute song to Whitney Houston, and I wanted to check out this year’s fashions.
There were a few terrible performances, and some great ones. I found myself tearing up when Jennifer Hudson did her rendition of I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston.
I know Whitney was a trainwreck in the last years of her life, but man did she have a voice. When I was a little girl I used to belt out her songs at the top of my lungs into my hairbrush while I pretended to be a world famous singer. I kept hoping she would turn her life around and get back to the music.
I thought Adele looked amazing in her simple black dress, and she rocked “Rolling in the Deep”. She also cleaned up big time, with 6 grammy awards. Look at how she’s holding them like babies. Cracked me up!
Most of the other performances made me just change the channel. I think I’m getting old because I thought a lot of it was just noise.
The fashion is one of the biggest reasons I bother to tune into awards shows. I love the outrageous clothes and epic fails. Take Fergie for instance. No…just…no.
Did you tune into the grammys? What did you think?
Booth: [baby cries] You hear that?
Brennan: Sounds like a cat…-Bones
This Friday Daydreamin’ we’re supposed to write about what we love. I love curling up like kittens with my hubby. Yesterday it was so nice out that we decided to nap on our deck.
We watched the clouds float by and talked about how we’re going to camp out in the backyard in the summer. Then Match pointed to the lawn and said, “Can’t you just picture Roo camped out here in a tent?” I can’t wait for family “camping” trips to the backyard. Roasting smores around our firepit. I love daydreaming and curling up with my hubby like kittens.