Long time readers may remember a friend of Match’s, Lax Guy. He has been a life long friend of Match’s since they were in high school. They went to college together and started a Lacrosse team (hence the name Lax guy). He’s also the very first friend of Match’s that I ever met, so he’s got a special place in my heart too.
We lost touch with him over the years as we moved around, and he did as well. He moved to Vegas, and now he’s settled up in Seattle. He reconnected with Match last summer, and Match had the chance to meet his fiancee. They invited us to their wedding, and we finally got to celebrate the big day on Saturday.
It was hands down the most fun wedding I’ve ever been to. It was also a really big weekend for us as parents. Our first overnight where neither of us were with Piglet. He stayed at a nearby hotel with my parents, who were excited for some one-on-one time with him.
We relaxed at the hotel, before hopping on the bus which took us the wedding. We didn’t think we’d know anyone, but it turned out to be a huge college reunion for Match and his Lacrosse buddies. They were such a hoot!
This wedding was so well thought out, and just overall laid back and fun. They had wood-fired pizzas for dinner, my absolute favorite, and the beer was delicious. There were lawn games, and then of course dancing. The ceremony was short and so sweet, and as always, the vows made me fall in love with Match all over again. To think it’s been almost 7 years since we shared our vows…time flies!
Here are just a few pictures from the night. I got to dance with all of Match’s buddies since he’s not much for dancing. I did get a slow dance in with my love. It’s always nice when we get the excuse to dress up!
There was a conga line, tons of laughing and fun. At the end of the night, we headed back to the hotel, where we tried to get a sneak peek at a cross-dressing event that just happened to be going on at the hotel. Sadly we missed it, but they left some wigs behind, which made for a great photo op!
I’m so happy for Lax Guy and that he found his love. We hope to get together with them in Seattle soon, and have them down for a visit.
Recently Match got a great deal on a used canoe off Craigslist. She’s a big, stable and red canoe, so Piglet named her Apple, and Match added bottom, so she’s The Applebottom. I think it’s fitting!
We took it out for her maiden voyage (at least to us) on the 4th of July. We weren’t sure if Piglet would like it, and we were convinced he would somehow tip us over, but he did great! He absolutely loved it.
We had such a great family day together, floating along the river. We can’t wait to take it out again soon, preferably somewhere with cleaner water so we can get out and swim!
I don’t often blog about my work. Heck, I don’t often blog anymore, mostly because I’ve been busy AT work.
My job started off as a simple school year job, where I worked at a school doing simple tech support. Over the last 2 years, it has morphed into a district position, where I am on a team of 6 that supports our rather larger district. Going further, I’m being groomed for a leadership role to my team. It’s something I’ve been working towards since I started, and in so many ways I could not be happier.
On the other hand, it’s an incredibly lonely place to be. Where once I was a peer, given a peer amongst some rather socially awkward standard nerds, but still, a peer. Now I’m in this horrible gray area where I don’t quite feel like I can be pals with my co-workers. I also don’t feel like I can be buddy-buddy with my boss or any of the higher level admins. I have one foot in each world, but I don’t belong to either.
In so many ways I finally love my job. Once the promotion is official, I hope that I will feel less like I’m in the middle, but sometimes I wonder. It makes me question my decision to get into leadership, though I just don’t think I can settle to be a cog in the machine anymore.
It doesn’t help that Match has been working a ton of overtime. Summer is the busy season in the electrical trade. He is so good about being an ear to listen, but sometimes I wish I had a partner in crime at work I could pal with. At least the new office also has a communal break room. I find myself lunching with people in different departments, which helps a lot.
Is there anyone else out there in the same boat? Do you feel lonely among your peers?
I have been the worst blogger. Between work, trying to be a good mama and wife, squeezing in time to work out, and do a house project or two, I just haven’t had the energy to write. I miss it, and I miss catching up on blogs. Anyhow, here’s what we’ve been up to:
Family reunion on the coast
Such an epic Memorial Weekend with my mom’s side of the family. Piglet had the time of his life!
Gardening with this boy. We got to enjoy our first bounty!
Relaxing weekend days listening to our krk speakers outside on the deck.
Enjoying our new firepit area
Book time with Piglet
Soaking up the little moments, like when Piglet comes into our room in the middle of the night to cuddle.
1. Got my Project+ Certification! I studied for this cert for over a month, and I am soooo relieved I passed!
2. Our first sunny day in weeks! We played at the park with a bunch of Piglet’s friends. I love that he has so many little buddies.
3. Getting together with lifelong friends. I’ve known this ladies since we were in kindergarten!
4. Celebrating my oldest nephew’s 11th birthday!
5. Watching this kid eat cake. Cracks me up!
6. When this boy has a sick day, but I’m pretty sure it was just an excuse to spend more time with me. We had so much fun snuggling all day, and relaxing.
7. The joy on this boys face when his leprechaun “moved” each night. So sweet!
8. My co-worker gave me her old cricut, and I made my first shirt for Piglet. He was so excited about his dump truck. I can’t wait to do more projects.
9. Date nights with my love. We got to have 3! That’s more than we’ve had in such a long time. I’m so grateful for family time, but it’s sooo important for us to get couple time too. With work and busy schedules, sometimes I really miss my husband!
10. Match’s little sister and brother in law announcing their pregnancy!! I’m so excited for them, and glad we get to live vicariously through them. I don’t think we’ll have another little one, but we plan on babysitting a lot, and soaking up all that sweet baby time!