I can’t believe it snowed today! We’ve had such weird weather. A couple weeks ago the sun was shining and it felt like spring was here. We had some light snow on Sunday, and Piglet and I made the tiniest little snow family you ever saw.
While I do love the snow, I am already daydreaming of spring, camping, and all things outdoors. This year we’ve booked quite a few days already. Our first is in March, where we’re going to be yurt camping on the coast! We’ve never camped in a yurt before. It should be a fun experience. Piglet is at this great age where he’s so excited for all things outdoors and adventures.
We celebrated Match’s 34th birthday on the 3rd in a very 34th year sort of way. We had a mellow dinner with close friends, followed by watching our respective kiddos play in our living room. We topped the evening off with a toast over a nice scotch on the rocks.
We went to OMSI for the first time as a family. We went with Match’s sister and her little family. Piglet had a great time exploring! I had a great time snuggling with our baby niece.
Valentine’s Day was all for Piglet. Match and I have never been into the holiday, but we love watching Piglet get so excited. Piglet and I decorated the house with hearts, and he got to pass out valentines for all of his friends.
The best part of Valentine’s actually happened at his Kempo Dojo. Master Ralph got all the pee wees goodie bags, complete with black belt monkeys! Piglet was beyond excited.
This past Saturday, Piglet turned 4. FOUR! I know I say it’s flying by, but seriously, he’s just one year away from going to school.
He’s our combination of sweet, wild, sassy, smart, silly, talkative, loveable, amazing little boy. I can already glimpse the teenager he’s going to be, and I think, wow we’re in trouble. He’s going to be a little heartbreaker.
We celebrated at the bowling alley, and he had a blast with all his little friends. My youngest brother showed up, and serenaded him with an accordion song in the parking lot. My little brother is a goofy, but awesome uncle.
The kids played, bowled a little, but mostly just enjoyed running around together. The adults had fun, and I loved that we didn’t host and have a trashed house to deal with.
Piglet, you’re such an amazing kiddo, and you have so many people who love you. I can already tell some of your friends are going to be lifelong pals, and we’ve made wonderful friendships with your friends’ parents. We are having so much fun watching you grow up, and turn from a toddler, into a preschooler, into this incredible little person with your own hopes and dreams. We are so grateful you chose us as your family. We love you to the moon and back, little man!
March has been quite the social month for us! We kicked off the first sunny spring day we’ve had in weeks with a epic trip to the park with a bunch of Piglet’s friends. It was like the most adorable biker gang ever!
We have had a couple of fun date nights now that we have a couple of regular babysitters. The first was in Portland, going to visit some high school friends of mine. She took us around town to different breweries to sample their brews. We will definitely be going back!
We also had a fun date night with Fliz, playing Cards Against Humanity, and then yesterday we had a working date day, helping her dismantle her deck.
Here’s Match pretending he was ordering me around while I worked. Truth is he worked his booty off too! I am excited for Fliz and her house addition project this spring.
Now that Piglet is in Preschool, I swear we have a birthday party to go to at least once every 2 weeks. Not that I’m complaining, because he loves them! But it does seem to busy up our weekends here lately. We had a birthday party at the local play house in town last weekend, a party today at the bowling and another birthday party this coming weekend.
We also just celebrated my oldest nephews birthday on Tuesday. This was even more special because it marked the first time I was able to see my niece, nephew and brother in 3 months. He finally broke up with his psycho fiancee. Get this readers, ol’ Turkey Penis is in JAIL! I knew she was bad news. My brother and I had a long talk and patched things up. He knew I was concerned for him, and coming from a place of love, he just didn’t want to see it at the time. Very grateful to have him back!
This coming weekend we have another birthday party to go to! Then, on April 8th, GEEKY IS COMING!!! OMG, OMG I’m so excited to have her and her family visit. It has been over a year since I last saw her. I could not be more excited. I just hope we get a break from all this rain so we can have a proper visit.
In the mist of all the excitement, work has been full on crazy pants. We are moving our office, and there’s tons of construction going on in the district. My poor boss seems to be a total stress case, and I for one just cannot wait til it’s summer. We’ll get a break from some of the drama, and more importantly, I’ll be up for that big promotion. Fingers crossed it happens!
Match also interviewed with a potential closer to home apprenticeship. I’ve got fingers, toes, arms, everything crossed that he gets it. His hour long commute is driving us all crazy, and I know he’s miserable. At least he loves the work, but it’d be so nice having him home more!
What’s new in your world, readers? How have you been?
1. We have been battling with a really disgusting issue at our rental home: RATS. Ew, ew, ew! We are clean people, and I’m so mortified that they came into our home. They tunneled under the house and then found a way into the garage. We ended up killing five in the garage, called the landlord repeatedly, told him we were sure they’d end up in the house. Slumlord did NOTHING. Eventually they found their way under our dishwasher. ACK! We ended up killing one we nicknamed “King rat”. It was so, so, so gross. We think there still might be another one. The landlord finally came back out and proofed the house better, and we haven’t heard any activity lately. Still, I cannot wait to leave this place and get our own!!
2. This warm weather has made it feel like it’s already summer. Kinder Friend and her kids, along with Fliz, came out for a fun afternoon adventure by the river. It was such a nice afternoon, and it made me excited for summer fun!
3. Baby Animal day last weekend was a hit. Piglet loved all the animals, and he got to build another planter box, this time with Daddy! I was glad we got there early, as it was jam packed within the hour. My favorite part was watching Piglet’s face light up when he got to hold a baby guinea pig.
4. We are closing early on the house! I’m so so excited. We sign papers Monday, and then we should be getting the keys by Wednesday or Thursday.
5. My Pinterest has been blowing up with all of my ideas for the new home. I cannot wait to get in there and get started! First thing is going to be painting every single wall. I’m tired just thinking about it!
1. King Rat-so gross, but seriously you guys, this was IN MY HOUSE!
2. River fun
3. Baby animal day
4. Pizza parlor after the river with his best buddie