Welp, I had all these high hopes of blogging a lot during my summer break, and here I am finishing up my first week back at work, finally getting around to my poor, neglected blog. I’ve missed you bloggy friends! This was my summer break of projects. Since we are homeowners again, I had quite the list of things to get done. Here’s what I managed to accomplish during my month off:
- Repainted the deck
- Painted the front trim
- Re-painted all the doors and inside trim ( are you sensing a theme here? I’m so sick of painting!)
- Swapped out outlets and switches for the more modern ones. I love being able to hit them with my elbow to turn them on or off.
- Scored bookcases off Craiglist for our faux built ins in the living room.
- Worked on the yard, took down a lot of ugly bushes and stumps
- Made Piglet a couple of train shelves
- Guest room makeover-found an incredible $10 goodwill desk and chalk painted it. Then added a fun sign to the room, new comforter, drapes, and redecorated a bit. I love how it turned out.
I will post pictures of everything soon, but here’s a sneak peek of the pretty new built ins.
In the middle of all of these projects, I also had my dad, stepmom, brothers, nephews, niece and grandpa visit. We had a great time, but it was exhausting.
I also made sure to do fun things with Piglet, and try to soak up as much family time as possible. We had my 15 year high school reunion, then Miss PhD’s wedding, both on the coast, so there was a lot of driving.
There was also an incredible emotional rollercoaster involving my mother’s mental health. I won’t blog about it, but I will just say that things are not good, and I’m praying she gets better.
In happier news, my brother got engaged! I’ve gotten to know his girlfriend and her son, and I’m so so so happy they are going to be a part of the family. She’s an amazing influence on my oldest brother, and it makes my heart happy to see him so happy.
I’m tired from all the vacationing, but so satisfied with my month off. We packed in a lot of life!