It’s the last week of August, and time to recap the month. Can I just say that I am ridiculously excited that we are almost to the end of summer? Everyone is posting about being sad that summer is almost over, but I cannot wait for Fall. This hot weather has been kicking my behind, and I’m tired of being stuck inside in the afternoons because it’s too hot to do anything. Bring it on Fall! I’m ready! Where was I? Oh yeah, August 10 Things to Smile About!
1. Geeky spent the night at the beginning of the month, and we had a girl’s night out. It was fun going to dinner, and then getting drinks at a quiet bar downtown. We caught up and had a great heart to heart. In the morning, Piglet was overjoyed that his Auntie/Godmama was there to play with him! Geeky is such an amazing friend, and I love that she takes time out of her busy schedule to spend time with us.
2. A family walk in the park made me smile, as did the sweet girl who offered to take a picture of all of us. I love that she got Monkey in the photo too! Doesn’t he look like he’s smiling?
6. Having lunch with Match’s parents and watching them actually play with Piglet made me smile! Many of you know the tremulous relationship Piglet has with his grandparents, and seeing them be so hands on with him made us so happy!
7. Watching Match finally get his truck made me grin big time! He’s wanted a truck for so long, and we finally found him the right one. I’ll miss my Jeep Cherokee, but with this truck we can do a lot more of our house projects. He promised he’ll get started on a bunch of honey do list items soon. Woot woot!
8. How can I not smile while playing chase with my little man? This is his new favorite game, and we chase each other all over the house. His squeals of delight are possibly the sweetest sound in the world!