Miles: I hope you’re ready for a swell time Rose.
Rose: [Who has to stay celibate until water comes in St Olaf ] Sure just give me a minute. [Goes to Blanche] What if he wants to go back to his place?
Blanche: Tell him you have a lot of work to do at home.
Rose: I don’t wanna lie.
Blanche: When you get home I’ll make you clean out the garage.
Rose: Thanks Blanche, I owe you one. -The Golden Girls
It’s been awhile since I checked in on my 2013 To Do List. I’ve made some progress!
Recently we finally replaced our garage door. It wasn’t on the list, but were in desperate need of a new door. This one is insulated, so we can actually go out there during the day when it’s hot out. Getting the new door motivated us to cross off “Organize garage-install pegboard and built in shelving storage“.
Here’s what the garage used to look like:
Crap everywhere! We had nowhere to store anything!
So we installed some prefabricated cabinets from Home Depot, painted them white and voila!
A work bench, and pegboard! I’ve started labeling drawers with my label maker, but I have a few more to do.
you can actually walk around in there!
It’s still not perfect but it’s so much better than it was. Now we have a work bench for all our DIY projects. Plus now we have room to actually play ping pong!
Here’s the master to do list for this year. This week we will be crossing off take Piglet to Oregon! Hopefully next month for my 30th birthday we will be going on our first family camping trip! So many fun times ahead of us!
2013 To Do List:
Decide on a name for Piglet
- Pay off new upstairs windows
Finance new downstairs windows (thank you 0% financing offers!)
- Pay off at least one of our student loans, pay down Jeep
Start savings fund for Piglet Roll over old 401K to IRA-been meaning to do this for years now
- Write our wills
- Take infant CPR class
Take prenatal classes, including birth and nursing classes at Kaiser Organize garage-install pegboard and built in shelving storage
- Replace kitchen lighting with recessed lighting
- Buy hallway light fixture.
- Buy ceiling fan in the master bedroom.
- Buy new dining room and front entry light fixtures.
- Save up for an electrician to come install all of these fancy light fixtures.
- Install a custom closet organizer.
Buy sideboard for dining room using Amazon coupons Take maternity pictures with Match (scheduled for April 29th!) Make DIY invitations for Piglet’s baby shower Send Thank You cards for shower Finish nursery decor by no later than April Take family photos when Piglet arrives Send out Piglet’s birth announcements
- Take Piglet Camping
- Do something fun for our 3rd wedding anniversary
- Do something special for my 30th birthday
- Come up with family Halloween costumes, hopefully DIY
- Take Piglet to the pumpkin patch
- Send out our first family Christmas cards
- Make Piglet a baby book and keep track of milestones (in progress, will be done on his birthday)
- Take Piglet to the Christmas tree farm
- Take our first trip to Oregon as a family of 3
- Have a date night at least once a month with Match, hopefully more frequently
- Lose baby weight and get in pre-baby shape by the end of the year. (5 pounds to go!)
Go back to the gym-should help with above goal
- Take Piglet to at least one Mommy & me class
- Keep up with blogging even after Piglet gets here (Goal is at least 1 time a week check in, keeping up with it so far!)
- Meet a blog friend in real life
- Plant a garden
- Have outside of house painted
- Re-stain deck
- Buy the rest of our patio furniture with Amazon coupons
- Buy a digital SLR to capture all of Piglet’s antics
- Start writing a book
Make mirror frame for Master Bathroom
- Help Match learn conversational Spanish for work
- Build window seat in the downstairs great room
Order new window seat cushion for nursery(made one instead!)
- Read at least 50 Books this year (33 read so far)