At the beginning of the year I came up with my 2012 To Do List. Let’s check in and see how I did. It was full of lofty goals, but I think I made a fairly good dent in it. Of course our loss created a lot of changes, but with the addition of our rainbow, some of those Roo goals still have a positive spin. I’m also happy to report that some of the goals motivated us to do other things around the house not even on the list. I’m amazed at how much we got done in just one year!
2012 To-Do List
1. Replace the lighting in all 3 bathrooms.
2. Replace the hallway light fixtures.
3. Install a ceiling fan in the master bedroom.
4. Replace the dining room and front entry light fixtures.
5. Install a custom closet organizer.
6. Buy Monkey a new kennel. 7. Paint mural for the nursery 8. Come up with Halloween costumes 9. Do at least 1 or 2 Halloween Crafts 10. Increase online earnings to pay for all the stuff we need to buy this year
11. Start a savings fund for our future baby
12. Sell the Subaru 13. Save up a big down payment for a truck 14. Buy a truck (Jeep!)
15. Pay off Jeep
16. Start landscaping the backyard
17. Start landscaping the front yard
18. Get Nursery ready by September (Obviously this one no longer counts, but I did do a great deal of it this year. It’s going to be ready by June!) 19. Make decorations for Sassy’s bridal shower 18. Host Sassy’s bridal shower 20. Build up savings
21. Buy padded flooring for office/gym
22. Buy area rug for family room
23. Buy area rug for great room
23. Get certified in infant CPR
24. walk at least 5 times per week
25. Buy VHS to DVD converter
26. Convert old home movies to DVD as a present to our parents (epic fail! Hopefully next year)
27. Have wedding dress cleaned
28. Carve Pumpkins with Match
29. Write up our wills
30. Meet at least one bloggy friend this year
31. Go camping at least once this year
32. Buy a side table or buffet table for the dining room (saving up for this still)
33. Learn to light a fire in our firepit (I haven’t officially done this, but gun to my head I’m sure I could figure it out!)
34. Make window seat for the nursery 35. Get at least 100 readers (129 and counting!! THANK YOU!!!) 36. Go on at least one trip with Match this Spring
37. Organize Garage
38. Finish pregnancy journal and have it printed or make a homemade book 39. Order mixbook from last year
40. Quit coffee (errr I quit and then started again, but I only drink half caf. So it sort of counts!)
42. Survive labor and delivery 43. Lose 5 pounds 44. Build up the courage to start trying to conceive again 45. Make 2 to 3 handmade Christmas decorations before December 46. Make at least one homemade canvas print from one of my photos 47. Sew bucilla stocking for Roo48. Go back to the Christmas tree farm 49. Make Roo a Christmas Ornament (I now have 2, plus an angel that honor her!) 50. Make homemade gifts for Christmas 51. Spray paint kitchen hinges 52. Paint bathroom vanities 53. Paint doors
54. Paint baseboards
Whew!! We got a lot done on the house, and I’m happy to say I feel a sense of accomplishment at what we were able to get done. I’m still working on the list for 2013. I have a feeling I’ll get a lot done in the first half of the year, and then it’ll probably drop off for awhile while we settle into life with Piglet.
How did you do with your 2012 goals? Did you complete any big items on your to do list?