Lily: Hey baby, how’d it go?
Marshall: Lily, this year, this nasty schoolyard bully of a year will not stop punching me in the face. How did we kick off 2011? My dad died. And now, after five months of unemployment, I just blew my dream job. Good news is, in a few seconds, I’m gonna start heaving my guts out because that’s what life is to me now: just losing what’s inside until I’m just empty.
Lily: Baby, come here.
Marshall: I just want to shut my eyes for a few seconds before it starts.[Marshall goes to his bedroom and lies down.]
Future Ted: And Marshall slept…[the set darkens and then lights up again] All night.[Marshall wakes up to find out that he hadn't gotten sick at all. In a later scene, Lily comes into the room]Marshall: Lily, it’s a miracle! I didn’t get sick! I-I-I didn’t get sick.
Lily: I know, baby. [reveals a pregnancy tester in her hands] … I’m pregnant.
We’re in the last week of the 2012 Review Extravaganza. Don’t forget to visit my wonderful co-hosts (just click on their names) Lourie-CA Girl; MiMi-Living in France; Nicole-Life’s a Beach; Emmy Mommy; Janette-Johanson Journey.
For a reminder of the rules and all of the fabulous prizes, go HERE. This week we are reviewing October, November and December, and also listing 5 Goals/Hopes for the new year.
Miss PhD moved nearby, and I was overjoyed to have my close friend here. Match and I visited the pumpkin patch and kicked off one of my favorite seasons, Fall. I announced our Rainbow baby, Piglet on the blog, giving you all a reason to break out the fuente cigars to celebrate along with us!
Janette and I hosted a fun little giveaway on our blogs, and I reached the 8 week first small milestone of my new pregnancy.
and I posted about the many things I had to smile about in October.
We had a great Halloween party
We went to many doctors appointments and got to see our Piglet growing along nicely. My parents came to visit, and we got a major project done on the house.
We had a great Thanksgiving with Match’s family and enjoyed telling everyone about Piglet. We announced our Rainbow pregnancy to the rest of the world, and reached the 12 week mark and the second pregnancy milestone.
We had our NT scan and found out we’re most likely having a boy!
I finally finished the nursery tree.
We experienced the magic of the Christmas season.
I reached 15 weeks, started my progesterone shots, and the Dr. confirmed that this Piglet is a boy.
5 Goals/Hopes for 2013:
1. Deliver my healthy bouncing baby boy in late May or early June, FULL TERM hopefully, and be able to take this baby home.
2. Get back in pre-baby shape before the end of the year. I think 6 months isn’t too lofty of a goal. Even if I don’t get back into perfect shape, so long as I get back into an exercise routine I’ll be happy.
3. Keep up with blogging even with a newborn. I know this one won’t be easy, but I’m going to do my very best.
4. Do all of the fun things we’ve always hoped to do as a little family: family photos, the pumpkin patch, Thanksgiving, and of course Christmas. I cannot wait to celebrate all of the holidays as a family. I think we may even attempt camping!
5. Enjoy all of the milestones of our new baby, and also maintain my strong relationship with my hubby. I know I’ll have moments, and I’m sure we’ll both be exhausted, but we’ve been through hell and back, and I know we’re going to greet those sleepless nights with gratitude. We’re a great team, and I can’t wait to see what 2013 has in store for us.