Topanga: Oh, by the way, my parents are coming into town.
Cory: “Oh, by the way, my parents are coming into town”? Oh, by the way, Captain Titanic, the ship’s in two pieces!! -Boy Meets World
- I’ve been anxious since Halloween. I went to the midwife checkup and I saw Piglet’s heartbeat, but I need confirmation from my Dr. that all is well.
- The bleeding has stopped, and now I barely have spotting, which is a huge relief. Taking it very easy seems to be doing the trick.
- This past Sunday I taught my second Sunday school class. I was exhausted by the end of the hour, but I had a great time. There was this adorable shy girl in the class, who barely spoke. By the end of class she’d warmed up to me, and sang along with the song I taught, and then surprised me with a huge hug when class was over. It was the sweetest thing!
- Hope everyone voted today! Match and I are anxiously hoping a measure passes, as it could mean increased local police funds, and a chance to work closer to home. Fingers crossed!
- My parents will be here on Saturday! I’m so excited for them to see our house for the first time.
- It’s taking ALL of my willpower not to clean up in a frenzy. I know I’m not supposed to strain myself, and I’ve learned my lesson. But for my Virgoness, and because this is my MOTHER we’re talking about, it’s absolute torture. Hopefully I can bribe Match to take care of it. But let’s face it, his clean is not MY clean. If only I had it in the budget to hire a cleaning person for one day.
- While they’re here, they’ve promised to help with a few projects around the house. I just need to relinquish control a little bit, which is so so hard for me. My mom promised to bring me a tiara and let me order them around from the couch, ha! 😉