Pain, you just have to ride it out, hope it goes away on its own, hope the wound that caused it heals. There are no solutions, no easy answers. You just breathe deep and wait for it to subside. -Meredith, Grey’s Anatomy
- So far we’ve caught 3 mice, and I’m still seeing signs of the little buggers. I caved and bought D-Con. No more Mrs. Nice Match! It gives me the heebie jeebies knowing they’re running around my house, pooing on everything! Hopefully the poison does the trick.
- My dog is officially useless. A very bold mouse ran RIGHT PAST him and he didn’t even blink. But if someone DARES to knock on our door he goes ballistic. Go figure!
- This past week was a rough one for me. I’m not really ready to talk about it, but I will say I’m very grateful to have a supportive hubby and such sweet blog friends. Thank you to those who lent an ear.
- Sunday I went to church. I’m spiritual, but I’m not a religious person. Pushy and judgy church-lady types really bug me. It’s been years since I’ve been to a church service, and with all that’s happened to us this year, I’ve been feeling really broken spiritually. This was a service called Coffee With God, and it was a more casual, smaller group than their later morning service. I felt so welcomed, and no one seemed to mind that I cried through most of the songs. After the service, I got a lot of hugs and welcomes. I left with an uplifted spirit and a positive outlook. My spirit is definitely not healed yet, but I feel far less broken.
- Only one more week until our annual trip to Carmel. I can’t wait for cool temperatures and walks on the beach with my sweetie.
- Are you as amazed as I am that it’s the last week of July? I don’t know about you guys but I’m so done with July. I can’t wait to see what August brings!