Emily: That’s amazing. What did you use?
Rory: I don’t know. We got it from one of those late night tv-ads. Apparently it also gets rust off nails and hinges, waxes your car perfectly and weather-proofs windows and doors. -Gilmore Girls
I’ve actually knocked out quite a few things on my 2012 to do list. Thank you 2nd trimester energy burst! One task that I thought would take forever ended up only taking one day, and I’m pretty happy with the result. Instead going out and buying new hinges for our cabinets, I decided to spray paint them. They don’t look perfect if you look super close, but I think they look pretty nice.
I know it’s hard to tell-but the old hinges were this bronze color, and they didn’t match our stainless steel appliances.
It’s a very subtle change, but I like the effect. Of course doing this project made me hate the color of our cabinets even more. I would love to paint them white, or stain them a dark espresso. If I went with espresso I think it would make the kitchen feel too small. Once we update the lighting and add granite counter tops, hopefully I’ll be happier about the cabinet color.
We also finally finished the lighting in the downstairs bathroom. Once we get the frame added to the mirror, and replace the paper blinds with real ones, that room will be DONE. I love how much the lighting brightened up the half bath and made it look bigger.
Ugh, I still can’t believe they put that fake “stain glass” sticker on the window. It smelled like chemicals and it was peeling. That was the first thing to go! Now it smells like soap, thank you very much.
Match replaced the light and I painted the vanity a nice espresso color to match the other bathrooms. I’m so happy with how it turned out!
I still have a lot left on the list, but I’ve made some headway. I can’t wait to make more progress on the nursery, but it will have to wait until we know if Roo prefers pink or blue. Other than that, we’re just waiting on that money tree to buy the rest of what we need for the house. 😉
2012 to do list:
1. Replace the lighting in all 3 bathrooms. 2. Replace the hallway light fixtures.
3. Install an overhead light in the master bedroom.
4. Replace the dining room and front entry light fixtures.
5. Install a custom closet organizer.
6. Buy Monkey a new kennel. 7. Paint mural for the nursery
8. Come up with family Halloween costumes
9. Do at least 1 or 2 Halloween Crafts before Roo is born
10. Increase online earnings to pay for all the stuff we need to buy this year
11. Start a savings fund for Roo
12. Sell the Focus
13. Pay off the Subaru
14. Save up a big down payment for a truck
15. Buy a truck
16. Start landscaping the backyard
17. Start landscaping the front yard
18. Get Nursery ready by September
19. Make decorations for Sassy’s bridal shower
18. Host Sassy’s bridal shower
20. Build up savings
21. Buy new couch for family room
22. Buy area rug for family room
23. Buy area rug for great room
23. Get certified in infant CPR
24. walk at least 5 times per week as long as the doctor says I can
25. Buy VHS to DVD converter
26. Convert old home movies to DVD as a present to our parents
27. Have wedding dress cleaned
28. Carve Pumpkins with Match
29. Write up our wills
30. Meet at least one bloggy friend this year
31. Go camping at least once this spring
32. Buy a side table or buffet table for the dining room
33. Learn to light a fire in our firepit
34. Make window seat for the nursery
35. Get at least 100 readers
36. Go on at least one trip with Match this Spring
37. Take prenatal classes
38. Finish pregnancy journal and have it printed or make a homemade book
39. Order mixbook from last year
40. Take pregnancy photo shoot
41. Do something special for our 2 year anniversary
42. Survive labor and delivery and have a healthy bouncing lil Roo.
43. Take Roo to a pumpkin patch
44. Have a family photo shoot
45. Make 2 to 3 handmade Christmas decorations before December
46. Make at least one homemade canvas print from one of my photos 47. Sew bucilla stocking for Roo
48. Go back to the Christmas tree farm
49. Make Roo a Christmas Ornament
50. Make homemade gifts for Christmas
51. Spray paint kitchen hinges
52. Paint bathroom vanities