Monica: Chandler, I’m unemployed and in dire need of a project. You wanna work out? I can remake you.
Chandler: Oh, you know, I would, but that might get in the way of my lying-around time. –Friends
It’s been awhile since I posted about my Project 52. I haven’t forgotten about it and I am still happily chugging away at the list. There are some items on the list that I won’t be able to cross off until the end of the year because they are things I should be doing weekly. I think these are the most challenging because it’s so easy to slack off.
I always start out so gung ho (what the heck does that phrase even mean) about resolutions or projects, but I tend to lose steam or get sidetracked. This project has helped motivate me because I really want to look back on this year and feel a sense of accomplishment.
Let’s look at the weekly stuff that is on my Project 52 list:
4. Work out at least 3 times a week. I feel like I am still on track with this, but there have been days where I’ve used a very relaxed definition of “work out”. Walking counts people! But I am determined to kick this up even higher as I have Match’s graduation, and then my *gasp* 10 year high school reunion looming. I need to look killer for both. Also, having Match come to bed every night looking like he’s downing hgh supplements is motivating too. I really don’t want to be the kind of wife that sparks strangers to wonder why that guy is “settling” for that dumpy girl. You know what I’m saying? I’ve managed to go running twice this week and I’m sore sore sore in that satisfyingly good way.
19. Try one new recipe a month. This one has been easy and I’ve been having a lot of fun with it. The trouble is it’s not helping me much with the results I want to see from completing #4. I really need to be trying healthy recipes. I should have been more clear.
27. Go to sushi once per month or less. Done and done. It’s been ages since we’ve been to sushi, and while I’m craving it like mad, I’m staying strong. And our pocketbook is a little fuller because of it.
35. Brush the dogs teeth at least once a week. Yeah…definitely failing on this one. I did brush them 2 weeks ago though.
36. Trim the dog’s nails once a week. I’ve been managing to remember this! The clickity clack on the wood floors helps as a reminder too.
38. Comment on at least one new blog per month. I think I’ve managed to do this with the help of the Sits girls. I need to comment more though.
39. Comment on my favorite blogs once a week. I need to be better about this. There are some of you I have not been checking in with as much. I promise to reconnect!
Are you participating in Project 52? Are you making progress?