- Barney: Open your brain tank bro, cuz here comes some premium 91 octane knowledge. Thereâ€™s three rules of cheating: 1. Itâ€™s not cheating if youâ€™re not the one whoâ€™s married. 2. Itâ€™s not cheating if her name has two adjacent vowels. 3. And it’s not cheating if sheâ€™s from a different area code. Youâ€™re fine on all three counts.
- Ted: How do you know sheâ€™s from a different area code?
- Barney: Sheâ€™s 516. She might dress like sheâ€™s 718 and act like sheâ€™s 212, but trust me sheâ€™s 516. Oh, and her husband letting her out alone on St. Pattyâ€™s Day? If that dudeâ€™s not 973, Iâ€™m 307â€¦Wyoming. –How I Met Your Mother
I know I was supposed to post a rewind weekend, but I’m getting ready to clean the house for a party we’re having tonight and I don’t have time to delve into the dramas of my high school years. I’ll try to get to it tomorrow, but if I can’t, next weekend teenage Date Girl, acne products, and late 90s music will return. Today I just wanted to quickly catch you all up on what’s been going on with me this past week.
- Last weekend Match was home on Friday night! Went out for drinks with friends. Brief fight before going out because Match wanted to sleep. Bullied him into “getting off his ass and being social” (my words) and he thanked me later for it. 😉
- Spent last Saturday basking in the California sun. Took Monkey to the park, he was in pup heaven. That’s him in the red bandana, yes he is the cutest dog in the dog park.
- Filed a worker’s compensation claim because not only is my job boring as hell, it is causing me actual physical pain. I’ve developed tendinitis in my wrist and elbow and I’m now rocking the oh so stylish wrist brace. Oh, and my manager made me feel guilty for filing the claim, but the owner of our company was really concerned and glad I did. My manager is a snarky biatch.
- Here’s a picture of me in the wrist brace. Oh yeah, and Match had too much fun with his new security officer handcuffs he gets to use for work. I guess I’m supposed to be in the kitchen all the time? 😉
- I’m wearing shorts in that picture because it’s been absolutely gorgeous weather here for the past week. I forgot how much I miss the sun. And wearing short shorts is major workout motivation. Especially when my thighs rub together!
- St. Patty’s Day was spent with Match’s parents who are really into Ireland. FIL made an amazing meal of mashed potatoes and pork done in some traditional Irish fashion. The mashed potatoes had a “lake of butter” in the middle. It was delicious but oh so fattening.
- Outdoor Girl has gone mental. She is really off her rocker. Baker Chic thinks she has major control issues and I couldn’t agree more. Hopefully she won’t show up to the party uninvited. Am I a magnet for girlfriends with issues?
- Tonight is our belated St. Patty’s Day/Lax Guy’s birthday party. Baker Chic and I are throwing it together! Match will be there, but only til 10 and can’t drink. I feel bad for inflicting torture, but glad he can at least make an appearance.
- Baker Chic is so cute. She’s got this whole Irish theme going for the party tonight. We’re going to have Bailey’s Irish Coffees, Guiness, and then green cupcakes of some sort. Oh, and green appetizers, like spinach dip and celery.
- I’m too excited for this party. I bought Lax Guy a beer shaped hat. Stay tuned for pics from the party.
- Typing with this wrist thing sucks. Maybe that is the point? Motivation to find a new job. Oh, and to get off my duff and go for a run.
What are your weekendÂ plans my dears? And that you to everyone that submitted a quote, I love them! I’ll keep linking to my Guestbook Post until I have enough quotes to fill the whole book.