Ha, I mean, look at me, I’m in love with a guy who won’t say he loves me back and here I am, in his kitchen, just hoping he comes home and notices me. -Callie, Grey’s Anatomy
Coast Sister sent me a link to this cute article from Glamour Magazine online. I thought I’d share with you all about how to get a guy to notice you. The author lists 8 ways to get a guy to notice you, sort of the opposite of How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days, it’s more like How to Find a Guy. Probably better advice than how to lose one. I think we all know how to do that. I personally think it’s more of an 8 ways to make a good impression on a date, because it’s all about once you’ve already met the man. Still, some good food for thought.
So here are the 8 ways:
1. Stop Playing Hard to Get- I hate games! And the funny thing is, so do guys. So don’t play em.
2. Be Attentive- Guys are attention whores, and it puffs their ego when we listen. Plus, it’s just plain polite. You want him to give you attention, so give it back in return. The author mentions putting away your cell phone, and I couldn’t agree more. Match still gets mad at me sometimes if I text while we’re on a date!
3. Try Something New- I really liked this tip, because I think it’s half the fun of dating. A chance to go do something new. If you’re lucky enough to go on a date with a guy that suggests doing something other than dinner and a movie, jump at the chance. If he says let’s go ice skating and you’ve never been, just hang on him. You’ll get the chance to get close, and you’ll get a little exercise.Â
4. Let Your Guard Down- I’ve been guilty of this in my past.Â When I first meet a guy I’m wary, and it shows. I’ve had guys refer to it as “My Walls”.Â While it’s ok to be cautious, don’t make it obvious that you’re a woman scorned. Just be casual, and be yourself, without oversharing. That doesn’t mean you should start planning your next vacation with him or spouting off other freaky future talk. It just means you should relax a little, and hopefully so will he.
5. Stop Texting and No One Gets Hurt- again with the cell phone, but this time the article emphasizes the importance of actually talking, not just texting. I couldn’t agree more. I know guys are guilty of this-an I love you via text just isn’t the same as hearing it. So don’t start the bad habits, make it a point to actually talk on the phone, or better yet in person.Â
6. Know the Power of Your Outfit –Don’t wear outfits that are super trendy. Most guys don’t even like the current fashions-ie those big billowy dresses that make us look like balloons, not sexy curvy women. So dress sexy, but not slutty, and make sure you’re comfortable. Heels to a hike, not a good idea.
7. TMI Is Never a Good Thing-DON’T TALK ABOUT YOUR EXES. Not even if he does. If he starts, steer the conversation elsewhere. There will be other times to get into history, but you needed dive too deep. It’s a turn off. Plus if you talk about your ex all the time, you make it seem like you’re not over him, and it’s going to make current guy look elsewhere.