Oh no, no, no, donâ€™t go! Iâ€™ve scared ya. I said too much. Iâ€™m hopeless and awkward and desperate for love! – Chandler, Friends
When Match and I got together, we talked about how much we hated the dating scene. We were both ready for a serious relationship, and we just wanted to be out of the date game. I thought it’d be fun to list the top things I hate about dating and being single in general.
1. Stressing Out- First dates suck, period. When I found Match, we had a great first date, but that great first date is so rare. 90% of the time, I was looking into treatments for acne and ulcers, because the stress of the dating world just got to me, ugh.
2. Games-Don’t call, don’t act too interested. Do call, but be aloof. When to play it cool, when to show you care. It’s all so damn confusing. If I like a person, I just want to be able to tell them. Enough of the games!
3. The Gray Area-it’s that period of time where you really don’t know where you stand. Are you a couple? Are you exclusive? Can you go on other dates if asked? I don’t think I’m alone in my hatred for this unknown.
4. Waiting-waiting for the phone to ring. Waiting for the second date invitation. Waiting for him to kiss me. Waiting for him to call me his girlfriend. I’m way too impatient for all of those things.
5. The Let Down-when I have had those rare occassions of a great first date, and then the next time out is a complete let down. It’s that ohhhhh moment, when the deal breakers come out.
6. Finding Out the Truth-You know the type: he starts off amazing, and you think, this is it, this is THE guy for me. And then the real him comes out, and he’s really a complete ass.
7. Loneliness-In between dates, when I was single, I spent a lot of my time alone. Eating dinners by myself is depressing, and I hate sleeping alone.
8. Being a Third Wheel-We all have those well meaning friends, those couples that invite us out. “Come along, it’ll be fun, you won’t feel like a third wheel at all!” Yeah right. Sorry, but no matter how hard friends try, if you’re single, its obvious, and a part of you is always going to feel awkward in a room full of couples.
So that’s my basic list of things I hate about being single and the dating world. I’d love to hear some of yours.